Greetings! Jack DeRue here, your diver of deep data, with another round of ALL TRUE trivia, just for you.
1. Bug spray doesn’t repel mosquitoes. It masks your body odor with a new scent that female mosquitoes hate.
2. Samuel L. Jackson used to be a cheerleader.
3. The man who introduced Atari also founded Chuck E. Cheese.
4. When placed upside down, sharks go into a state of total immobility and cannot move for 15 minutes.
5. Charles Lindberg took four sandwiches with him to eat during his transatlantic flight.
6. A “walla walla scene” in a movie is when extras in the background appear to be talking, but they are saying “walla walla.”
7. X-rays of the Mona Lisa show evidence of three different versions under the one we see.
8. During the Hundred Years’ War, the French threatened to cut off the middle fingers of English archers. When the English won, they taunted the French with their one-fingered salute.
9. During Andrew Jackson’s funeral, his pet parrot had to be removed because it was swearing too much.
10. The average life of a medieval peasant was 25 years.
Say inquisitive, my trivial friends!
• Jack DeRue is an award-winning author and syndicated columnist. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.