[Mary Beth Nolan for Shaw Media]
9. Mt. Carmel (2-1, 18): It is coming together pretty quickly for Jordan Lynch’s group. The defense is ahead of the offense for the time being, but the Caravan have the talent to balance it out. Up next: vs. De La Salle.
8. Maine South (2-1, 6): The loss was a bit of a surprise, but the injury status of quarterback Bobby Inserra is the more pressing immediate concern for the Hawks. Up next: at Conant.
7. Barrington (3-0, 15): The Broncos copped an impressive win over Maine South, but have to keep their eyes on the prize with a tricky Evanston team due in. Up next: vs. Evanston.
6. Stevenson (3-0, 9): The Patriots are just being the Patriots, a solid all-around football team that’s going to be hard to topple. Up next: at Zion-Benton.
5. Brother Rice (3-0, 8): Not the most ideal time for the Crusaders to face a fired up Loyola squad after a loss. But is there ever a good time? Up next: vs. No. 10 Loyola.
4. Homewood-Flossmoor (3-0, 7): The Vikings were not pressed in Week 3, it would be stunning if that were the case in Week 4. Up next: at No. 17 Bolingbrook.