South Virginia Road between James R. Rakow and Pingree roads was shut down for about a half-hour Friday morning after telephone pole wires caught on fire, police said.
Ashley Eccles, public information officer with the Lake in the Hills Police Department, said first responders from the Crystal Lake Fire Rescue Department responded to the area about 8:30 a.m. Friday.
The wires were not on the ground, but the road was shut down as a precautionary measure, Eccles said.
The department notified ComEd, which shut off the power.
The road reopened about 9 a.m., and the incident had been resolved, Eccles said.