As a public service, Shaw Media will provide open access to information related to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) emergency. Sign up for the newsletter here
Crossroads Care Center in Woodstock currently has the most COVID-19 cases of any long-term care facility in McHenry County, with 68 cases and nine deaths, according to numbers released Friday by the Illinois Department of Public Health.
Alden Terrace of McHenry, which previously was reported to have the most cases in the county, currently has 60 cases and seven deaths, as reported by the IDPH. This is a steep decline from the 123 cases that were reported last week by the department.
According to the IDPH website, long-term care outbreak data reporting has been updated, and only laboratory confirmed cases are being reported.
Long-term care facilities and local health departments will have the most up-to-date data on case numbers, IDPH officials said.
According to the McHenry County Department of Health, long-term care facilities are required to immediately report any COVID-19-like illness among residents and staff to their local health departments. These numbers then are reported from the local health department to the IDPH.
As of Friday, the IDPH reported:
• The Fountains at Crystal Lake has 35 cases and 11 deaths.
• Sheltered Village of Woodstock has 41 cases and nine deaths.
• Fair Oaks Health Care Center in Crystal Lake has seven cases and zero deaths.
• Florence Nursing Home in Marengo has 25 cases and two deaths.
• Revere Court of Crystal Lake has 12 cases and two deaths.
• The Springs at Crystal Lake has 37 cases and six deaths.
• Three Oaks Assisted Living and Memory Care in Cary has two cases and no deaths.
The reported numbers include residents and staff members.